Friday, June 06, 2008

The Thought For The Day (Part 1)

Someone asked for some of my past The Thought For The Day. Your wish is my command (up to a point):

The fairness of destiny isn't ours to judge, but if you feed hot sauce to a Rottweiler, you deserve everything you get.
******

Everyone tells me that I have my grandfather's hands. So what? Grandpa's dead -- it's not like he needs them anymore, and sitting there on the fireplace mantle, they tend to dress up the room.
******

I sent away for a mail-order course that made me a minister. I haven't married any people yet, but I did practice on some pigeons in the park. Now God's gonna kill me for sure...
******

My mouth is dry, I can't feel my tongue, I've got blurred vision, my hands and legs are numb, I just peed my pants and now I'm seeing lightning bolts coming out of the buttons on my shirt... no wonder Mama warned me not to drink furniture polish.
******

Whenever my teenage daughter comes down the stairs dressed like a tramp for her date, I think to myself, 'Damn... why won't her mother wear something like that?'
******

If you want to save money on candy this Halloween, do what I do: Save your dirty Q-Tips throughout the year and tell the kids they're "Caramel Sticks." Hey, kids don't know any better...
******

There are two sure-fire ways to get a woman into bed. The problem is, I don't know either of them.
******

Life is just one long Yoko Ono album... no rhyme, no reason-- just a lot of incoherent shrieks and then it's over.
******

The problem with Americans is, we're just not consistent... if we were, eleven would be "one-ty-one".
******

I hate sex in the movies. Tried it once... the seat folded up, spilled our drinks, and that ICE -- well, it really chilled her mood.
******

If there's one thing I've learned, it's best to never ask a woman if she's pregnant. But if you decide to risk it, for God's sake never follow it up with, "Are you sure?"
******

I was taken aback when the waitress brought me a plate of tobacco leaves covered in whiskey, but I guess since I was at a sports bar, I should have known better than to order the Ty Cobb salad.
******

Since I can't afford to drive a bright yellow Hummer, I'm going to put a big flashing sign on my car that says,"I'm in serious need of some attention!"
******

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception. (Groucho Marx)

******

"Bubba bought me a mood ring the other day. When I'm in a good mood, it turns green. When I'm in a bad mood, it leaves a big frickin' red mark in the middle of his forehead." (Mrs. Bubba)

******

If the IRS wanted to put something really useful on their website, how about a list of countries that don't have an extradition treaty with the U.S.?

******

I fully support the legalization of marijuana. It's a natural substance, not unlike cyanide... and it has a similar effect on man's ability to compete with me for jobs and women.

******

6 comments:

R.L. Bourges said...

speedreading as usual, the mail-order minister became "mail order course that made me sinister". Corrected myself of course, until I got to the pigeons and immediately reinstated the sinister minister.

good stuff. Oh, you can tell mrs bubba that's an expensive mood ring turning from green to red like tha. One of the characters in my French novel found a stone just like it. Worth a lot of money. It's called

http://www.gemstone.org/gem-by-gem/english/alex.html

good one, bubba

Anonymous said...

If there's one thing I've learned, it's best to never ask a woman if she's pregnant. But if you decide to risk it, for God's sake never follow it up with, "Are you sure?"


Oh yeah, after giving birth it takes a while to look normal again, as I'm sure you'll remember (well, your wife)......a rottweiler on chilli sauce would feel better.

paisley said...

more mrs. bubba!!! more mrs. bubba!! more mrs. bubba!!

Scot said...

funny stuff--nice way to start my day

Bubba said...

Lee-- Alexandrite is actually my daughter's birthstone (not that I could ever afford to buy her an amulet with such a stone ensconced). Very beautiful, actually...

I look forward to reading your novel. (hint, hint)

Jo-- Very little of what I write comes from anywhere except mistakes I've made... trust me when I tell you that I could write forever.

Paisley-- That's right... hit a guy when he's down... LOL

Scot-- Thanks!

Jo Janoski said...

Oy, I just can't get past the q-tip one...