Sunday, November 19, 2006

Maundy Sunday


I spent some time last night (after some serious ‘attitude readjustment’ time with Mrs. Walker’s best little boy, Black Johnny) rummaging through my Hall of Skulls room in the basement. As I ran my fingers over the placards identifying each and every one, it occurred to me that there’s little satisfaction in being king if there’s no one around to lord it over.

No matter… I no longer have time to spend with friends anyway. My blockbuster manuscript has been accepted for publication, pending final edits from my publisher. He feels there are too many clichés present in the text. At first, I thought he didn’t know his ass from a hole in the ground and I refused to make the changes, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that two wrongs don’t make a right and there’s no point in crying over spilt milk, so I decided to be one of those guys who gets along by going along…all’s well that ends well. He assures me that all my blood, sweat and tears will be rewarded when my book is welcomed as a challenging and important work by cryptographers around the world. Can you feel my chest swelling?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm always late to the party. How's come I didn't know you had a blog, or is my memory failing me more than I thought. (It's okay. My feeble mind has already been documented.)

Bubba said...

Hiya, JoJo! I haven't heard from you for such a long time... and I just checked and found out I no longer have your email addy. If you'll send it to me, I'll be happy to add you back on my list.

I didn't send out too much information about my blog, I guess... maybe that's why it's virtually untouched, if not unread. Self-promotion is not one of my strong points, apparently.

Anyway, it's great to hear from you, and if you check back in here, please let me know how I can get in touch with you again. Thanks...

Bob