Monday, May 12, 2008

Wheel of Outrageous Fortune




I can now happily say that life has finally come full circle, and the defining event occured at the exact right time. I've long wandered through life wondering why I'd never realized any of my goals, why life seemed to confound me at every turn. Homeless, jobless and without hope, despair became my constant companion.

And then it happened... karma aligned with kismet and fate spoke to me.

I am now the full-time operator of the very same Ferris Wheel on which I was conceived. Sometimes, things just sorta work out.

7 comments:

Scot said...

dang bob
you had me for a minute...:)

I knew that degree would get you somewhere!

Anonymous said...

only you,Bob...only you!

;)

glad you're posting again - my day isn't complete without my favorite author's words of... uuuuummmmmmmm...wisdom, yeah, that's it, wisdom.

hehehehehheheheeee

Noah the Great said...

:P

R.L. Bourges said...

and may we be so bold as to ask at exactly what moment Ferris' wheel of fortune propelled you into your earthly destiny?

paisley said...

i think i know the wheel to which you refer...... have you read my short story carnage carnivale????

Bubba said...

Scot-- Yea, it got me somewhere all right... I'm just not sure where it is. *snort*

Karen-- Do I detect the *slightest* hint of sarcasm? I hereby award you Noah's comment:

:P

Lee-- Well, rumor has it that it was during an electrical storm that caused the power to go out, with my mother and father trapped at the very top of the wheel. I mean, they had to do *something* while they waited for power to be restored, didn't they?

Paisley-- That Willit was a real fun guy, wasn't he? I'm willing to bet he didn't date anyone more than once...

Anonymous said...

goof.