Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A Day Inside The Invisible Box


I've long considered mimes to be the absolute bottom of the entertainment food chain, and have written many derisive pieces in their regard. In a recent analysis session, my therapist and I discussed, at length, my antagonism toward pantomime and tried to identify the basis for my hostility. Toward the end of our hour, she suggested that I spend some time in researching the art in hopes of better understanding and defeating my prejudice.

I gave it some thought and came to the conclusion that an honest effort could only help, even if I was unable to ultimately totally accept it. In defiance of advice given me by my spouse (or perhaps because of said advice), I decided to send away for a course designed to teach me the art of mime.

I know, I know...


For $75 (plus tax, shipping and handling), I received a beautifully adorned box containing six blank CD's.

Did I mention that I hate mimes?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got away for only $75???? Those jerks charged me $95 for the deluxe model. The first cd wasn't blank. It was recorded with a very loud raspberry. ....Mimes.....

Bubba said...

See? That's what happens when you allow your mother's chromosomes to take control. ;)