Thursday, January 04, 2007

Okay, but is it art?


Story-Man Blues

Scaddely-womp a boo-bomp, da skat-man do,
Whatever the hell he want to do,
And he done do it to me and you,
Biddley-bomp a woo-womp, what you gon’ do?

Scribbley-scree a shomp bomp, da blin’ lady sing,
Da tunes she be a-hearin’ out dat skat-man’s strings,
But she don’ know the pleasure dat her singin’ brings,
Wobbley-domp a shoo-shomp, she tell’d de tale on tings.

Shingley-dingley doo-domp, ol’ Bristow ring de bell,
He just sit real quiet-like and den he raises hell,
A’bangin’ and a’clangin, dat man he dance so well,

Boogely-bee a womp-bomp, what a tale da man do tell.


Rural Epigraph #2

Craven as a metal curtsey, sordid as a plastered Guernsey,
shingled low so it don’t blow
off the roof tomorrow.

Cudgeled slick as powdered marrow,
he flicked his bic—had shoats to farrow,
little did he know

that Jimmy frocked the back porch swing
with honey buzzards on the wing
and angels in the snow.



Pentagrams From Home

As anyone can plainly see,
I fear the girl has sphinctered me
despite my futile, plaintive plea
I now must squat to take a pee.

She tied my manhood in a knot
bound and gagged me on the spot
beside a verdant garden plot

and left me in the woods to rot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa! You have so many personalities! The artwork must be your self-portrait...

Bubba said...

Interesting observation... if you met me, you might change that opinion. It may be true that what we show the world isn't always a barometer of our inner make-up. And it makes me sad that I can't offer myself wholly and still make a living. Who shows her/himself in honesty these days? We're expected to show no more than necessary to sell a product, do a job, etc. etc... and no more. I'll stop, I'm rambling.