Monday, January 29, 2007


I've long understood my wife's love of art. Often I heard her remark that someday, after the kids are grown, she'd like to take some drawing classes. So I encouraged her to find her muse and seek instruction in the finer points of the craft and she enrolled in a class dedicated to drawing the human form.

Now, ordinarily, I wouldn't question her activities in any realm, much less an innocent art class. However, given the vagaries of masterpiece shown above, I must admit that I did inquire as to her (conceptual) grasp of the male anatomy. In my fifty-plus years on the planet, I can't recall reading of any medical malady that might produce the 'violin-head' condition depicted in her work. Especially troubling was her response to my inquiry. With a broad, enthusiastic smile she said: "Oh, that? I was just fiddling around."

I don't know whether to be shocked at her boldness or amused by her wit.

No comments: