Monday, December 31, 2007

Adagio

I don't know why I'm trying this, but like the tag-along little brother, I thought I'd give it a try. It's called a Parallelismus Membrorum (?) (yea, me, too), and that's all I know about it-- until yesterday, I didn't even know that! Live and learn, right? Does this thing come with instructions? Anyway, here's another example of why I don't write much poetry:

Adagio
A Parallelismus Membrorum (I think...)

The sun has set upon me,
And my moon came out;
I am cyclone’s plunder
Under gentle breeze;
Though you would forget them,
memories linger on;
Make-believe gifts to open
Where real ones once lay.

3 comments:

Jo Janoski said...

Yes! I think you've done it. And you get extra points for staying home and writing it on New Year's Eve. It sounds like it could be a lyrics to a song, btw.

Anonymous said...

Well, if you can do it I think I'll just have to try it...maybe!

Dan said...

Kudos to you Bob! "Adagio"... sounds like an aphrodesiac to me. Had to look it up & now that I know the meaning seems quite appropriate.