Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Camels Moo And So Can You

Camels Moo And So Can You
by Bob Church




Well, I've been busy since we last got together here. Instead of writing (I think you'd agree that I've pretty much mastered that), I decided I'd take up art as my next field of endeavor. Above, you can see my very first creation. No, that's okay, you don't have to just start sending me money, I'm only too happy to be able to create it. Of course, when the American Society of Fine Art calls and asks me to sell it to them for millons of dollars, I suppose I'll cave in and, despite my most dogged efforts to retain my amateur standing, sell it to them... but only because I want the entire world to be able to experience it when it hangs next to other works by the great masters.



And I owe it all to a highly-technical and sophisticated computer program called 'Paint' that I found in my 'Accessories' pull-down box. I'm sure it was Microsoft's error, that they couldn't possibly mean to offer something so absolutely 'cutting-edge' to everyone. Truth is, I'd never noticed it before, and if I had, there'd probably already be hundreds of irreplaceable works of art that my genius mind engendered.



Well, enjoy it now, everyone... because someday you'll have to pay to see it in the Louvre. I must admit, though... it doesn't look as good on the side of my house as it does here.

7 comments:

Word Catalyst Magazine said...

I definitely wanted to be the first to comment on this one. I am TRULY speechless! And I'm not laughing...honest. It's so um, colorful and, um, abstract..yea that's the word. I learned the Mac using Super Paint so you can do it too! Keep painting just get a better program would you? Thank you so much, you made my day with this!

Bubba said...

WOOF!

hfurness said...

Keep your pen, but I would suggest that you rid yourself of those daemon crayons... I'm just jealous; I could never have created something with such regard to space, time, shape, color... But I do see the camels.

Bubba said...

Wow! I regarded space twice?? Until just now, I didn't even know I'd considered it once... but, that's the genius coming out, I'm sure. Oh, and by the way... would you mind showing me the camels, I think I missed them.

paisley said...

well i have to say,, i too have fiddled with paint,, and i just don't have the "nads" to publish anything i may have come up with... so you,, my friend,, are definitely the bigger man in this instance... hey wait a minute... you are the only man.....

Jo Janoski said...

Ahem...so existential. How did you make those camels smile like that?

Bubba said...

As long as I get credit for my genetic makeup, I don't care if I'm the biggest or not... and you'd smile too if you were being painted by me. Ha! Thanks, everyone...