Thursday, December 06, 2007

Bubba and His One-Hit Wonders


Hiya, kids... it's "Two-fer Thursday" at Bubba's Theater Of and For the Bizarre. In my previous post I offered to make you a movie, so now I'll take you into a scene. Relax... I'll even buy the popcorn:






" It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right, I hope you have the time of your life..."

The faint words emanated from the song being broadcast by the FM station Forrest had selected the previous evening. He didn't know who wrote the words, but they mirrored his own sentiments as he gazed at the lovely creature sleeping so naturally in his bed. The night had provided splendors he’d only rarely experienced. He wanted to— check that—had to know more about her. This was no ordinary woman, by any assessment. She seemed to know what was in his mind at every juncture and played him like a Stradivarius. Every sensuous move choreographed as if by some instinctive gene bonded to a site deep within his psyche, controlled his thoughts and movements. She brought him close to ecstasy again and again, knowing precisely when to back off, when to tease, when to become the kitten of his dreams; ultimately she willed him to her every whim, leaving him spent, yet wanting more.

Always leave them wanting more. Wasn't it P.T. Barnum who had said that? Maybe not, but it fit. The entire night became his personal three-ring circus, and his multi-tasking roles became lion tamer, strong man, and yes, even clown. But her acrobatic high-wire act ultimately resulted in her becoming ringmaster. Never had he been so dominated in bed, so out of control. He both loved and despised her for it. The exhilaration, magnificent as it was, could bring complications in its aftermath. Wasn't it also P.T. Barnum who said there was a sucker born every minute?

4 comments:

hfurness said...

Played him like a ... , high wire act..., again I'm spent like a three dollar bill after reading your great drawing of characters. thanks

Anonymous said...

I'm with Harry...where can I get tickets to the show? You sold me with the previews...

;)

Anonymous said...

Me three! I'd even watch the reruns! Now, get busy and send us those tickets!

Bubba said...

So many characters, so little time... it would seem I've been given my marching orders. Now all I have to do is learn how to write a screenplay. I can even now hear the collective scoff of eighth-grade screenwriters across the country as they consider the possibilities that I could do it, and their harmonious assessment... 'yea, right... that's gonna happen'.