Friday, March 14, 2008

No Maundy, this Thursday

Thursday… most noble of predecessors, the one day of true accomplishment set in a string of under-achievements. No other day can boast of burgeoning weekend or carry with its eve the subtle reminders of anticipated events on the horizon, just beyond the setting sun, off the port bow.

Today, for today only, stand on the folksail and breathe the heartiness of the sea air. Make that little extra effort to open your lungs and your mind to the possibilities looming before you in the oceans of opportunity life brings; ride the clippers on waves of extracted effort, the breeze of hope tantalizing and exhilarating you, daring you to be more, to do more. Toss all the carcasses of doubt and fear overboard and revel in the glory of the day.

Sail freely with the wind, content in the knowledge that your destination will be reached. After all, today is Thursday… and those special deck shoes cost you nearly 2 bills.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you've messed up my whole schedule. All day I proceeded as though it was Friday. I'll just have to do Thursday tomorrow I guess!

Jo Janoski said...

I thought it was Friday, too! Did Bob spin us into an alternate universe?

Bubba said...

Shirley and Jo-- Now look what you've done... you've ruined a perfectly good misunderstanding of what day it is!

Okay, just go back and re-read the passage, but this time just pretend that you're reading "Friday" everywhere you see a "Thursday"...

I think I need to call my talk-doctor.

Tina Trivett said...

I'm so glad to have found your blog... :)

Good stuff lurks here...

kaylee said...

Now I know why I never got
the hang of Thursday
it is really Friday,
Wow that is an eye opener.
Thank you for the update.
I love to sail, but never
on Thursday.
love ya.

klk

Bubba said...

Tina-- Well, thank you! I'm pleased that you think so. I linked your site, so hopefully some of my friends will come see you, as well. I'm sure they'll like your writing as much as I do.

Kaylee-- Love ya back. *smooch smooch*

Tina Trivett said...

Thanks Bob...will link back to your site as well. :)